Wednesday, October 1, 2008

9.24-30.08

W- 6
Th- 5 (am) / 3 (pm)
F- Rest
S- 17
Su- Rest
M- 26
Tu- 6

Total = 63 miles

The 24 Hours of Boulder is out, and I'm ok with that. I'm still going to go watch and volunteer my help. Maybe somebody will want some pacing help. For the next month or two I'll be running for the sake of running and get away from the rigors of the ever-present spreadsheet on my fridge. During this time I want to give bouldering a shot as well. Nora has been bugging me for over a year now (almost two) to climb with her at The Spot near her work in Boulder. I've been too focused on training to go. How lame is that? School is starting to take up my mental/emotional energies as well. Time to get cracking on all of those projects and papers that will be due soon. Basically, I'm looking forward to finding that balance in life in that I seem to lose with high-mileage training. The miles run over the past year have been great though, and I learned a great deal about myself and where it is I'd like to go with my running. I have two major goals I'd like to accomplish in the next two years: a 100 miler, and running the Colorado Trail. I feel like I am capable of both and should be able to do fairly well. Time to hit the books. You all go find some good dirt for me while I sit in front of this computer all day.

No comments: