Saturday, October 11, 2008

10.1-12.08: Back at it

W- 0
Th- 0
F- 11
S- 0
Su- 10
M- 10
T- 5
W- 18
Th- 15
F- 6.5 (am) / 4.5 (pm)
S- 13
Su- 0

Total (12 days) = 93

I finally took some time off, and guess what happened? I feel a great deal better! In fact, I have dropped a considerable amount of time from my regular routes around town. Imagine that, rest does pay off. Granted my endurance on the long runs is going to need a bit of work to build it back up, but I'm looking forward to starting on stronger legs and seeing how a more relaxed approach works over the next four months. Instead of trying to get in 2-3 days a week of 20-40 milers, I'll be doing 2 at most and really stressing getting to a point where I only knock out one mega run once every week or two. I hope to stay between 75-110 miles per week through February (not including recovery weeks). Then the fun of back-to-backs will start up in March to ramp up for a summer of racing. Of course this is easier said than done. I'll probably be itching to get out in the snow when it starts to fly and be on the trail more than I should be. What can I say? I love it.

And another thing... there is now a North Face store in the Cherry Creek North area. It is around 2nd and Detroit. I've applied for a job there since recently discovering that getting out of work at 3 am isn't for me, and I would love the discount. My brother, Dax, hooked me up with Jet Entertainment Group to barback at their hotel on Friday nights, when they turn the lobby into a swank nightclub (Saturday as well, but I probably won't be there). So if any of you want to see me suffer through a shift serving the LoDo crowd come on down to Jet Hotel on Friday nights. Things don't really get going until about 10:30 pm; damn that's late. I have another job catering for a local kosher catering company that I've been with for 7+ years now, but the work isn't reliable, and I have to pay the bills.

No comments: