Monday, October 27, 2008

10.20-26.08 (getting faster)

M- 16(am) / 6(pm)
Tu- 7
W- 14
Th- 12(am) / 6(pm)
F- 0
S- 11
Su- o

Total = 72

I was well on track to hit 90 miles this week but then work got in the way. Initially I was scheduled to work Fri night only from 9pm-3am, but that changed and I ended up being there Thu, Fri, and Sat from 9pm-3am (except Fri, got out at about 12:45am). This really screwed up my running plans and messed with my head. To survive the late nights I was downing insane amounts of coffee and now I'm exhausted! I'll take it fairly easy the next 7 days and hit it hard after that. Hopefully I'll have found employment by that time that has relatively "normal" working hours.

Regarding my speed: it's picking up. Must be the 50 I ran and the vitamin supplementation I started. Recently it has occurred to me that I may be deficient in B vitamins and iron (anemia?), and that it is to blame for my poor energy levels, trouble concentrating, and decreasing aerobic ability. I've had some of my fastest runs ever over the past few weeks and I'm actually think that in the next few years a sub-3:00 marathon is possible, maybe even 2:45 (for me that would be warp speed).

No comments: