Friday, September 26, 2008

Time to disregard the spreadsheet for a few days

Tired, cranky, unmotivated... my ambitions following the Run Rabbit Run 50 Mile were a bit ambitious. My system is taxed and doesn't want to let me train, so I suppose I will listen to it. The plan to hit 100 this week is totally out the window; when did I become a slave to mileage? I still really enjoy running, but can't seem to mark down a 0 next to a scheduled workout. Today will be different, I'm going to rest, and maybe tomorrow as well. My running following the race has been fairly pathetic and probably lacks much more than some aerobic benefit - not a lot of performance advancement going on, if any. It's hard to remember that my fitness will remain relatively intact and this rest/recovery thing should pay off. I know I'm not the only one who fears that after a taper and recovery period it will take extreme amounts of work to get back to the mileage I'm accustomed to. Just a bit bummed. Oh well, run (or not run) today so that you can run tomorrow... right?

No comments: