Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9.17-23.08 and Centennial Cone Park

W- 10
Th- 5
F- Rest
S- 5
Su- 14
M- Rest
Tu- 17

Total = 51 miles


Feeling pretty good considering how trashed my legs were after Steamboat. Ran at Centennial Cone Park just outside of Golden on Tuesday - it kicked my ass since I woke up too early and was a bit dehydrated. Over a 17 mile loop I got about 2700' of good quality climbing. There isn't a great deal of shade, but that allows for some nice views of the hills outside of Golden in the Clear Creek Canyon area. The loop hits a few parking lots with porto-johns, but there isn't really anything in the way of water along the route, so bring plenty if you'll be out there in the heat of the day. It's a fun run - up, down, up, down, up, down... Probably should lay off of the hills while "training" for the 24 Hours of Boulder. Going to try to hit a 100+ mile this week with a few back-to-backs and then taper off a bit for Boulder. I'm not really racing (mostly because I'm not ready for it), just getting a taste of being on my feet for that long.

No comments: