Monday, September 15, 2008

9.3-9.08, and a brief Run Rabbit Run report

W- 8
Th- 10
F- 10
S- 0
Su- 7
M- 7.5 (am) in Denver / 2.5 (pm) in Steamboat
Tu- 0

Total = 45 miles

Just kind of jogged around for this week before Run Rabbit Run (9.13.08), nothing too hard. As mentioned in the previous post, we left for Steamboat on Monday to hang out and enjoy some thin air. I'll post a short but sweet race report in a few days - for now I'll just say that I had a blast at my first 50 (the course was actually 52+) and met some great people at a great race, put on by awesome race directors (Fred Abramowitz and Betsy Kalmeyer who just finished her 10th Hardrock posting a time of 33:25 - she's amazing), with the best volunteers I've come across yet. Thanks to everybody! Congratulations to the overall winners Ryan Burch and Jenna Gruben (she was also the Volunteer Coordinator!)...



...and masters winners Allen Hadley (he completed Wasatch the previous weekend in 28:29 - what a guy!) and Chris Poland (I will try to find a photo of her finish).

No comments: