Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thanks James



Got to Breck again this weekend to hit some of the CT that I haven't seen. Thanks James for driving me out there to get my head right. Headed west out of Tiger Run Resort towards Copper. I was planning on going all the way to Copper and back (28 miles), but as I crested the high-point at 12,500 (above tree line again - HELL YES!) the weather started to build. Since I was shirtless and with only two bottles and some iodine, I decided to turn around and finish the day's miles east-bound towards Kenosha Pass. All in all, an awesome day with good vertical (26+).


I stripped down bare and had myself a great dance session right next to this cairn!

Not only did the trail offer up some quality up, up, up!, but the wild flowers were gorgeous. I even came across some stunning Columbine at 12,500 nestled between the granite. I love this state! Kind of amazing that I'm seriously considering moving to Bend. Any advice?



So, the week of running: pretty damn good. Not sure of the mileage yet, but it's around 65-70. Considering I only ran 5 days this week, that ain't bad. Good climbing every day, and solid downhill. I've definitely noticed that my downhill has improved. Maybe because I'm focusing on form and fluidity. Maybe it's a product of my lay-off from training. Whatever the cause, I'll take it!

Now to redefine my spare time. I only got 2 hrs of sleep before the 26 gnarly miles in Breck, and then went to a show last night that had me out until 2:30am. It was a fun time though. The Motet played at Cervante's and covered MJ all night! I was pooped, and my dancing was really just head bobbing and swaying. Still worth it. All of this high-time living showed on today's tiny little 6.5 at Matthew-Winters with my friend Evan. Although we broke my all time record there, I was one hurtin' unit. Thanks for playing rabbit, Evan.

I'll leave you with one last shot of a friendly marmot that I named Corzo.







1 comment:

mnodurft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.