Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8.6-12.08

W- 12 miles
Th- 36 miles
F- 20 miles
S- 6 miles
Su- Rest
M- 15 miles (am) / 4 miles (pm)
T- 5.5 miles (am) / 7.5 miles (pm)

Total = 106

Had a fairly productive week of running with some relatively higher mileage days and minimal fatigue. The run to Boulder from Cherry Creek went well even if it was almost entirely on the black stuff, and spending only one day in the hills seems to have given my legs a much needed break from climbing/descending. I definitely am having some trouble today because it was the first day back in class for the fall semester. Not only did my alarm clock go off earlier than usual, but I also forgot to bring any money/CC to buy food on campus and ended up having only a 250 cal meal replacement drink in my pack to keep me going until 3 when I got home and grabbed some food before finishing training for the afternoon. I currently attend Metropolitan State College of Denver with Adult Fitness and Exercise Science as a declared major. The plan is to transfer to CU-Boulder to enroll in their Integrative Physiology program.

Being as I'm a bit brain dead from the early start and lack of nutrients I'll finish up by telling you about Nora's newly established running routine. She has started off slow, like any new runner should, and is starting to see some improvement. This is exciting for her as she used to have major knee issues in her younger years when she attempted to run. She's doing a combination of running and walking, and is beginning to find her breathing rhythm. Soon enough we'll be doing some training together, I can already see it! We even have matching La Sportiva Imogenes (accidentally).

1 comment:

Derek Griffiths said...

How did you get back from Boulder? Bus? Nora pick you up?

Also, looks like the training is going well. Are you seeing a lot of benefit from those back to back long runs?

DG