Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8.13-19.06

W- 6 miles (am) / 4.5 miles (pm)
Th- Rest
F- 9 miles (am) / 21.5 miles (pm)
S- 13 miles
Su- 30 miles
M- 6 miles (am) / 5 miles (pm)
Tu- 5.25 miles (am) / 7.75 miles (pm)

Total = 108

Got some ok training in over the last 7 days by breaking up some of my mileage. I usually only like to run once a day, but since I've been back in class my schedule has needed to be a bit more flexible. Thursday was a change for me as well in that I usually run 15-25 miles but opted to rest since my body seemed to need a break, and it paid off with a solid long run on Sunday. For the next 7 day block I'll be trying to do my runs in the afternoons after school or in the mornings before work. I need some more recovery time darn it.

Tuesday is really what I'm looking forward to though; I'll be heading to Nederland to knock-out 40+ miles on the Sourdough Trail and its satellite trails. Last time I ran Sourdough I ended up taking an accidental head-under-water bath during a stream crossing (purposefully not using the bridges) and losing a water bottle. It should be a good time.

After this next week-long block the taper begins. The Run Rabbit Run 50 Mile is on 9.13.08 in Steamboat, giving me just over 3 more weeks to prepare. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the 50 mile distance treats me, and even more excited to spend a whole week in Steamboat and Oak Creek (tiny town nearby) with friends and Nora just relaxing and jogging around a bit. If anybody wants to head out to there on Monday afternoon before the race just get in touch and we'll cruise together. There's even a free roof to sleep under; I can't promise a bed, but at least it'll be warm and you'll have access to a bathroom. No work, no school, just the easy and straightforward job of last minute acclimatization (water and rest) - that's the life. And I may have a few PBR's, just a one or two, I swear. Pssst. I use the Jack as a pain killer, it's not a problem.

No comments: