Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You ever kissed your shoes?

I did yesterday. I missed them so much. I must say though that mag chloride tastes like shit. I decided to go ahead and run to work yesterday despite the fact that my ankle isn't 100%, it's more like 70%. I know, rookie mistake but I simply can't deal with the torture of not running any more. Not to mention that riding my bike in the snow is kind of a major pain in the ass some times. It took me 45 mins to ride home the other night, and only I live 4 miles from work. Could have run in under 30, and done it much safer. I love to ride in the snow, but it can be dangerous. It's not the falling that bothers me, it's the possibility of falling and then having a car run over me that kind of makes me nervous. So I ran the 4 to and from work and felt ok. The only real issue I was anticipating was the cold, you know what I mean if you made it outside at all last night. It did seem to warm up slightly when I left work at 11 pm, or maybe that was my imagination. According to wunderground.com it was at around -1 faranheit. Hmmm, seemed warmer; in fact, at the end I was actually a little too hot (lots of layers). My ankle is a tad sore, but feeling good. Going to run again today and re-evaluate if I should take a bit more time off. Time to go. It's a tropical 5 degrees out.

1 comment:

JeffO said...

We both broke down on the same day. Maybe it's something in the air we caught?