Friday, February 27, 2009

Too much, too soon - caution to the wind!

I am an all or nothing kind of guy, and it has probably created some serious problems in my life. In fact, I know it has. This characteristic has pushed me to sign up for my first race after my injury, Collegiate Peaks 50 mile. I know that with the right training I can run the race, the problem is that since the gun goes off at the beginning of May I may not be able to get the training mileage in. Oh well, here we go again!


1 comment:

JeffO said...

I wasted my youth away going from sedentary to full-blast over and over, injury-to-injury. I never became an elite athlete because of that. Be careful.
BUT! I think you can do Collegiate. Ankles are more forgiving than other injuries. Stay off those heals - surely you have or you wouldn't be so fast, right?
Collegiate Peaks isn't very hard on your feet. The railroad grade is the hardest part, and the last couple of miles (paved). What you lack in tissue strength, you can make up for in muscle strength. Just do the right kinds of ankle exercises and stay on your toes and you should do fine.
You'll finish way ahead of me either way. I'm hoping for a 9:15.
Good luck!

Are you running this weekend?
How far?
Maybe we can hook up while you're slow so you don't trounce me?